National Pet Month Photo Competition
As part of National Pet Month, we have decided to run a photo competition.
We would like you to come up with a unique photo, illustrating one of the Top 10 Tips for Responsible Pet Ownership.
The photo can be of just yourself, or yourself and your pet, or just your pet.
You can upload the photo directly onto our Facebook page.
Or if you'd prefer, you can send it into our West Meads surgery where it can go on display. (Please make sure you write your name and contact number or email address on the back).
We will choose a winner at the end of the month and aside from the fame, the winning entry will receive a £20 AlphaPet voucher towards the cost of over the counter products.
The Top 10 Tips for Responsible Pet Ownership are:
1. Think carefully before getting a pet and learn about its special requirements.
2. Ensure your pet is sociable and well trained.
3. Provide a nutritious and well balanced diet.
4. Provide suitable housing and bedding.
5. Clean up after your pet and worm it regularly.
6. Protect against disease. Your vet can provide you with advice.
7. Prevent unwanted litters and neuter your pet when appropriate.
8. Groom your pet regularly.
9. Control your pet and ensure it is properly identified.
10. Take out pet insurance for dogs, cats, rabbits and horses to cover against unexpected veterinary fees and third party liability.
So for example, if you were to take point 2, you could take a photo of your puppy at one of our puppy parties or at a dog training class.
For point 8, get someone else to take a photo of you grooming your cat.
It needs to be obvious which point you are making, but some will take more thought than others. To make it stand out from the rest, you might need to think outside the box and be creative!