National Pet Month 2017
National Pet Month runs from 1st April to 1st May and its main aim is to promote responsible pet ownership. It’s also a time where we can celebrate life with our pets.
The Top 10 Tips for Responsible Pet Ownership are:
1. Think carefully before getting a pet and learn about its special requirements.
2. Ensure your pet is sociable and well trained.
3. Provide a nutritious and well balanced diet.
4. Provide suitable housing and bedding.
5. Clean up after your pet and worm it regularly.
6. Protect against disease. Your vet can provide you with advice.
7. Prevent unwanted litters and neuter your pet when appropriate.
8. Groom your pet regularly.
9. Control your pet and ensure it is properly identified.
10. Take out pet insurance for dogs, cats, rabbits and horses to cover against unexpected veterinary fees and third party liability.
During April, AlphaPet we will be joining National Pet Month in raising awareness of responsible pet ownership. There will be daily posts on our facebook page with facts and advice, photos, offers, articles and lots more, so make sure you keep checking in with us.
To find out more about National Pet Month and what they do, please follow this link: http://www.nationalpetmonth.org.uk